Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Just the smell of the summer can make me fall in love

Summer started off strong. Bonfires. Swimming. Ya know, what I was expecting the summer to be like. Things change, momentum shifts and all of a sudden what was happening no longer could happen.. No exact details necessary. Anyways after what could have been my worst day of summer had begun, I decided that it wasn't going to be my worst day. New found freedom can be taken as loneliness or opportunity. I hate moping around and being disappointed/negative/anything like that. I don't like to be down in the dumps, I'm social. I have fun no matter what the situation is and can hold a conversation with anyone, hate them or love them. I'll find good in anyone, and anyone that wants my company must at least be interesting enough for me to talk to a little. Why live life assuming the worst and trying to avoid everyone?

Anyways, my "worst" day of summer... I take a nap and shake it off and head to the bar for the Indians game. As the bar tender continued slipping us drinks and as I confidently felt my smooth talking abilities climb up inside me I knew I would be fine. Which was proven to be true.. once again, no exact details necessary. But I got home the next day at about 7 am, on no sleep, just thinking "Damn.. life is crazy." So cliche and simple and whatever else you want to say about it. But after something so negative happened all I can think is that I've had the best summer I've ever had.. if there's such a thing as too much fun, trust me I could say I have..

I've got some of the best friends that could be found.. legit. There is a wide range of us as well.. and about a core 8-9 people that are practically a brotherhood. We never say it or try to break down how we all became friends and how we all became so tight, but it happened. And there's no other group of people I'd like to be bullshitting with til 5 in the morning every day. Our times are great times because they are. Some other people may not understand our humor, or what we do, how we act. But we all get it and that's what counts. There's no bullshit, it's all good.

And this Summer is not yet over.. there are more fires to come. more beer to drink. more crown to throw up. more camping. more everything. and after everything I've realized that a bad thing is only a bad thing if you let it be bad. I woke up and smelled the summer and that was enough to make me fall in love. I've met and hung out with more people in the last month or so than i have in the last 18 months and having these experiences and figuring out where I'm going and what my strengths are has made what could have been a disastrous summer into something much, much more worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment