Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bright Eyes

Every Bright Eyes album I've listened to always ends up, in some way, amazing me. "The People's Key" is no different. At first listen I instantly knew that there was a lot to love and take in, so I gave the cd multiple repeats before I came up with a conclusion.  That conclusion is.. it is nothing short of incredible. In some way, Conor Oberst, Mike Mogis, and Nate Walcot show that they are an untouchable mix of musicians. Everything they are a part of ends up to be pure genius. When I heard Oberst was starting a project, which ended up to be The Mystic Valley Band, I was honestly a little upset. Then when I heard the album and didn't recognize the familiar shaky voice and raw quality I was even more upset. I continued listening and started to fall in love with songs like "Cape Canaveral", "I don't wanna die", "Lenders in the Temple", and "Souled Out", which inevitably led me to love every song on the first record. I abused listening to it. Shortly after they released "Outer South" and this took four songs to fall in love. I learned about new musicians, mainly Taylor Hollingsworth, who had two of my favorite songs on the album, being the obscure love song titled "Air Mattress" and the folk noted "Snake Hill". Every new voice and new song on that record created the album that will be the first album that i hope my children will like. I hope the songs on that CD never get lost. I saw them live a couple summers ago, needless to say it was an awe striking concert. They just jammed. It was unreal, if someone was on a roll they just went with it. Oberst puts everything into his live performances. Hollingsworth outrageous guitar skill blew me away. and everyone else doing their thing just overwhelmed me with a feeling I'd never experienced with any concert.

Anyways, this train of thought was all brought on by some great news I found out tonight...

BRIGHT EYES 2011 TOUR IN NEW YORK AT RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL! MARCH 8TH! HELL YES I'M DRIVING 6 HOURS TO SEE THEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment