Monday, February 7, 2011

the wild hunt

I was going to begin my homework and reading assignments that need to be done, but instead i decided to learn to play 'the wild hunt' by the tallest man on earth (ttmoe). It sounded pretty simple, so i thought it wouldn't sidetrack me too much. I was wrong. It was in CFCFCF tuning, which i am completely unfamiliar with. the chords were simple, but everything felt so odd as it strayed from everything i've taught myself over the last few years. After an hour or so of practicing I got the chords and little runs he does down and memorized half of the lyrics (i have been listening to it non-stop for a week or so). I'm proud of being able to learn TTMOE songs, simply because his guitar playing is superior to a lot of musicians out there and it's only been about 2.5 years since i taught myself how to play.

After i strayed from homework, i lifted, biked, and showered before i went to my girlfriend's house. We try not to have too many routines, but monday we always watch intervention and heavy. Heavy is a newer show that focuses on morbidly obese individuals that want to make a lifestyle change. Since I turned 21 i've gained too much weight for my taste. shows like Heavy and MTV's I Used to be Fat has really motivated me to stop my steps backwards. The last three-ish weeks i've worked out practically everyday. lifting three times a week and running and biking 5-7 times a week. i've also been making healthier food choices and my love of food and cooking has played a helpful roll in that.  I like getting fresh ingredients and making something that i personally like and that is good for me.

wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment