Thursday, February 3, 2011

Melt Bar and Grilled

I woke up today and saw the tattoo on my left thigh; a grilled cheese and crossbones. I've caught a lot of grief about putting that on my body, but I don't regret it at all. Why? you ask.. because I get 25% off every meal i eat at Melt until I DIE and that is well worth getting a tattoo of a grilled cheese. Melt is a locally owned restaurant in Cleveland, there are two there and zero everywhere else. They have sandwiches like:
"The Parmageddon" which has cheese and potato and cheese pierogies, topped with grilled onion and napa vodka kraut.
"Westside Monte Cristo"- honey ham, turkey, two kinds of cheese, beer battered and deep fried, dusted with powdered sugar and served with a mixed berry preserve.
"The Big Popper"- Herb cream cheese, sharp cheddar, fresh jalapeno, deep fried and served as one giant jalapeno popper

They have wayyyy more sandwiches than that and if you're ever in the Cleveland area don't miss going there and don't miss getting there early. If you get there too late you may have time to try every one of there beers while you're waiting. Which brings me to the point THEY HAVE A TON OF BEER. Pages of beer.. no miller light, bud light, light yellow wimp shit. Full flavor, greatly brewed beer and a lot of them are on tap.

Each month Melt has a special sandwich and I've been there in three separate months and each month's sandwich sounded great, unfortunately i never tried one. I plan on going this month and getting "The Dude Abides" one, because i love the Big Lebowski and two, because the sandwich sounds amazing (and really fattening)

It's lucky i don't live in cleveland, because i'm trying to get my 21 year old weight off. five months of being twenty one, going out drinking, and then eating shitty food at 4 a.m took it's toll on me. i'm currently lifting monday, weds, and friday, running on tuesday, thursday, and saturday, and riding the bike and doing the p90x ab ripper video on sunday. In the past couple of weeks i've lost 6 pounds. It's been tough, but i feel a lot better eating healthier (besides Melt) and exercising. Which I'm about to go do right now. Farewell.. I hope somebody finds all this someday. and maybe enjoys it.

No comments:

Post a Comment